Sunday, January 16, 2011

A claying kinda weekend

Mom and I were supposed to go see a Harry Potter Exhibition in Seattle yesterday, but we didnt go, even though I got us tickets in November XD It was just too much hassle to go. Its a three hour drive to Seattle, plus the space center we were going to said to be there 2 hours early
(wth?) and parking is $40 for a few hours at the center....... uhm, Ill pass, thanks. This would mean waking up @ 2am to beat the traffic at the border, have to drive for 3 or more hours, buy breakfast, buy lunch, pay $40 in parking, then get inside the exhibit only to be told there are no bags, coats, cameras, phones, ANYTHING allowed in the room, and look at a bunch of HP stuff. Ill wait for October when we actually go to the theme park in California, or wherever it is ;p Id much rather go in to HoneyDukes anyday ;)
So, instead, mom and I went to Michaels, MY candy store ;) There is a sale on clay, and we also had '20% off your entire purchase' coupons, which also included sale items :O Well, that just meant more clay to buy. The pickings were a bit slim. Guess someone beat me there, or they havent been filling up their stock. But, I got lots of what I wanted, and a 3 lb box of white sculpey that I use as the bulk of most of my pieces. I also got a bottle of liquid sculpey, which is always good :) And I got to use my christmas Michaels gift cards, so I didnt have to pay for anything XD It was a good time ;p Mom and I also went to Red Robin for lunch, and I got my most fave burger and drink, but we will not be ordering any onion rings for a starter anymore, cause its too much food XD

Ive been working on my cupcake stand for my 'Olivias Cupcakes' set, and the two cupcake stands I had been working on all week each failed in their own way. one of them, the cupcakes detached from the glass plate they were on, and the other, the sides that were holding up the plate broke. So, I tried cutting the case open, and tried desperately to fix them, but in the end, I threw it away. There was no way to fix these, and have them still remain sellable.... SO, I made newer and improved ones! Much more sturdy and better looking.. And didnt take long at all ;) I also made Olivia to go with the stand. Im still finishing it up :) I also had the idea to make another cupcake stand, but this one with chocolate cupcakes. Maybe the Chicky Bean can be Olivias fried, and they can all be bought together ;p Ill see. But i think ill make that when Im done :)


Heres what the new ones look like. Still need to decorate the top.

No comments: