Sunday, January 2, 2011

New years and trip to Bellingham






Well, its my first post of the new year! Im actually enjoying this blogging thing, so Ill be keeping up with it :)
Here is the finished Shimmering Christmas Frosting ScentSational Chicky Bean, and also the last thing I made in 2010 :) She turned out pretty cute. I used a bunch of the colours from my Studio Sculpey collection, which has been discontinued as of the 31st of December. She looks like a Hillary, so maybe that will eventually be her name ;)

In other news, I did nothing for New Years eve XD I never do anyways XD I was in bed at 930, cause I am a very tired person lol
BUT, mom and I made a trip to Bellingham, WA today, with the hope of the new Premo colours being available. I was told Michaels would have them on Jan 1st, but of course, there were none. The lady said they probably had them in the back, they just hadnt been put out yet. Oh well, next time. I did grab some more Pale Pistachio Sculpey though, since that is an amazing colour, and it is one of the colours Sculpey is discontinuing :/ I also grabbed some new Martha glitters. I LOVE her glitters!! I have 3 sets of glitters, one micro marbles set and one set that is christmas themed with a mix of glitters and marbles. Very awesome. Grabbed a 1lb block of Super Sculpey flesh. $12.99 in USA, and $25 in Canada :/ I also got the new Polymer Cafe magazine, which looks like a good issue, and a copy of Art Doll Quarterly. Now, going to the US and seeing how frigging cheap things are out there compared to the horrid price we pay in Canada is appalling!! I paid $20 for my glitter set, and its over $30 in Canada. Sculpey is $3.49 in Canada, and $1.99 in USA. My magazines were both $6 less than what i pay out here.... if there is one thing I HATE, its Canadian taxes ><>

2 comments:

Jay said...

I heart Martha's glitter too! Yes, no words to describe the gross over paying we do here!

Karol Ann said...

I have some micromarbles that I got when a craft store was going out of business. I will send them to you with Becky. I have no clue what I would use them for! I think I have some glitter, too, that is nice.